We Play - throwing

We’ve been playing  a lot of active games lately.  It seems to be a newly revived interest for B now that he has discovered an improvement in his hand-eye co-ordination.  I made this beanbag toss game, so that B and J could practise throwing. 
IMG_3704
The idea is to throw the beanbag through the hole.  We played with the rule that each time a thrower was successful they moved back a step.
B was able to get the target from about 7 metres away with concentration.  I was so impressed.
Those triangles on top of the box are ears.  Initially, I was going to paint the box so that the hole was a monster’s mouth, as seen at MakeBabyStuff.com.  But like often happens here, we had to play the game as soon as we could, and then the box got destroyed by the dog before we get to the painting stage.
We Play


Come over and play at Childhood 101’s We Play linkup.

Comments

amandab said…
What a great idea, and I am sure it has been lots of fun! Nothing like having a target to throw at :)
Anonymous said…
Looks like fun, and a great way to practive hand-eye coordination!

Reminds me of when I was in high-school and played pitcher for our softball team. I used to practice pitching into an empty cardboard box positioned on a chair in the backyard! It got boring, but improved my aim a lot!
Philippa said…
This look like lots of fun! I will have to try it with the kids :)
katepickle said…
oh fabulous idea... my girls need some encouragement to work on their ball skills and I think this would be awesome for that!
Anonymous said…
Cool idea! My kids are always wanting to throw something and this give them a perfectly acceptable way to do it!
I love how you have added the rule about taking a step back each time. What great fun.
kevin said…
Funny story. i can see the monster anyways even though it never got painted. Like your site. simple and friendly.
kevin said…
Well i have to confess .. your monster took hold of me, so after a quick sketch i had to do something with him .. he can be seen at the name link