We Play - the Hidden Park

fairiesLast week, we tried the iPhone app the Hidden Park.  In the app you are part of a hunt for magical creatures in a park under the direction of Trutton from the Magical Creatures    Protection Agency.  You must find locations around the park where magical creatures are thought to live and gather evidence of their presence with your camera.  You navigate to the locations around the park with Google Maps and photographs of landmarks as your guides.

I created a version of the game to suit our local park.  This was perfect because I could tailor the difficulty to suit my children.  There are premade adventures available for many parks around the world.

The kids (we took some friends) … they thought it was nothing short of magical and are already asking to play again.
Mimisdragon
One drawback for us was a phone reception problem at one point in the game which interrupted the flow of the story and required some fiddling around to get us back exploring again.

We are playing along with Childhood 101’s We Play linkup.  Pop over there to find lots of other great play ideas.
We Play

Comments

amandab said…
You Ladies with your wonderful iPhone apps! I will not be tempted, hear me! LOL!

It does sound like a wonderful activity though :)
Debi said…
I want to play, I want to play! :) Hopping over to see if there's anything near me. Thanks for sharing!
What a great app, it certainly sounds like you had a lot of fun x