imagination towers

I recently found Playing Smart, by Susan K. Perry at our library.  It is a fabulous book full of fun activities for families.  Lately, we’ve been playing around with an idea from the book – imagination towers.
Take a large piece of butcher’s paper or brown paper.  Draw the outline of a building, make it at least one metre high with lots of large windows.  Now, pretend that you are looking in the windows of the building.  Imagine what you might see in each room and draw it.
SONY DSC
You’ll see in our windows that someone is having a campout, flowers are growing, fish are swimming and so on.  We were in the middle of the illustration when I took the picture.  We now also have a window with a monster inside and one dark window.
We are also planning an imagination tree.  We will draw a tall tree with lots of holes and draw what we might find in each hole.

This post is part of the Teach/Learn Carnival, March's theme is Imagination.  If you would like to join in submit your own post here, or check back at the end of the month for the links to lots of great posts.

Comments

Ramona said…
What a great idea! Thanks for sharing this.
Deb said…
What a wonderful idea! I think my big girl would love this, you could do it over time and really build it up.
Chrambo said…
That is such a cute idea, will have to see if I can order that book at my local library.
Deb Chitwood said…
Great idea! I think using the building concept is so simple yet a wonderful springboard for ideas. Deb @ LivingMontessoriNow.com
amandab said…
I was in the toy shop the other day and they had large rolls of paper. I was so tempted to buy some, but thought we probably had enough paper and no real use for it. NOW we have a use for it :) What a great idea!

I'll be buying the paper on Wednesday :)
What an amazing idea! Can't wait to try it and see what my boys 'see' in the windows!