january is


Making: I'm trying to finish this embroidery that I started a ridiculously long time ago.  I feel like I can't move on to something else, otherwise it will never be finished.

Cooking: Waiting for our oven to be fixed … Wanting to try making ice-cream.

Reading: Getting into Albert Campion mysteries by Marghery Allingham, which I began reading as a substitute for rereading Agatha Christie (which I love, but I read the complete works just last year).  Design Mom, by Gabrielle Blair, as I think about decorating and making a new house work for our family.  And just started Feet of Clay, by Terry Pratchett, which I picked up after being reminded of Pratchett by a conversation with my son about Death as a character. 

Next read: Making Makers: Kids, Tools and the Future of Innovation, by AnnMarie Thomas
Wanting: To purchase furniture and design items now that I have been inspired (see reading!) 
Looking: Sightseeing around Melbourne.  Just went to St Kilda and hung over the side of the pier to look at the Little Penguins last weekend.
Playing: Today, I'm playing with the selfie matching in the Google Arts and Culture app
Waiting: For the boys to go back to school.  It feels like we are ready to settle into more of a routine.
Enjoying: the Australian Open Tennis.  We went to see it live this year for the first time - such a fabulous experience.
Buying: A printers tray to hang in my entryway.

Watching: Dr Who – I'm enjoying introducing my boys to this for the first time.

Next watch: Maybe Sherlock

Thinking: About adjusting to new places, settling in and what the next year will bring for me and my family (thinking and a bit of worrying!).

Sorting: Still sorting out a place for everything in the new house, but mostly finished unpacking boxes.

Coveting: A house at the beach with a giant space for a library!

Snacking: Cinnamon buns and pastries are everywhere in Melbourne and I'm eating too many.

Comments