Documenting Blue


documenting blue


This is a response to the Documenting for Learning 1-Day-Blue Challenge.  The challenge asks you to capture blue with your camera for one day as a way of becoming aware of the process of documenting and making our thinking and learning from the challenge visible.

I chose to document blue objects around my workplace.  The challenge made me aware of blue as a colour that is often not that prevalent in day-to-day life.  Yes, it dominates sea and sky, but in plants and animals it is a less common and so more striking colour (of flower or feather or wing).  I was reminded of hearing about an interesting episode of the Radiolab podcast on Colors, that unpacked the relationship between naming colours and seeing them.  My conclusion – what you document and name is what you notice.

Comments